London Life: Singing diaries


I've finally started singing again after a 10 day long hiatus. Between the stress of moving to a different country and having to deal with all the necessary evils such a change demands, I was in no position to practice. Finally I'm settled into my new flat in Chiswick and I've attempted my first session. A bit like a gym bunny who can't take a day off of the gym or even an addict who needs a fix; I NEEDED to do it. 

This session was unlike any I've ever done. Every so often I find myself practicing solely things I want to sing because I'm in the mood or maybe because I have no concerts in the near future for which I need to prepare. But today, I only sang because I wanted to. And I didn't know what to sing! I felt at a total loss after my initial warm ups as to what piece I should attempt. I found myself just going through some lieder and mélodies that I had worked on recently for a recording just because they were still in my voice. I'm all of sudden craving completely new things, perhaps because I'm starting my "new life" as they say. For once I have NO concerts to prepare for. I have no "homework" to do in the practice room. What a beautiful feeling to be suddenly doing what you love just because you love it. 

I feel so good after having sung a bit that I wish I could do it all day! But I have to go do touristy things in London too... What a hard life, eh?


Comments

Popular Posts