I ♥ ♥ Doctor Who

I love Doctor Who. If you hang out on my facebook page long enough you're bound to see a status or two that says exactly that. While I will talk about my other nerdy interests on this blog, at the moment this is my biggest one. Doctor Who started in Britain in 1963 and kept running all the way up to 1989. In 2005, Russell T. Davies rebooted the series and current showrunner Steven Moffat just wrapped up the seventh season. Why do I love this show? Because I love astronomy. I like exploration. I like the fact that there's so much we don't know about the universe and that we're the only ones that we know of who get to witness all the crazy shit/beauty there is out there. Doctor Who explores this limitlessness in an adventurous romp filled with fascinating new worlds, crazy aliens, and, everyone's favourite, Unresolved Sexual Tension (UST).

I've always had this fantasy of what it would be like to live on a different planet and to have a different sky to look up at. There's an episode in season 4 where the Doctor and his companion Donna go to the planet of this species called the Ood. It's a snow-covered world with a sky that looks like this, for god's sake:



Can you imagine waking up to that every morning?? Awesome!!

Since deep space travel probably won't be achieved in our lifetimes, we gotta outsource it. Enter, sci-fi! It's a cosy little place where we can escape our lame-ass first world problems. Thank goodness!

The other thing I love, is obviously, The Doctor. Who is the Doctor? He's an alien who travels in time and space in his spaceship that looks like a 1960s police telephone box. He has two hearts, a brain filled with nerdy fun-facts, little patience for morons, and a love of adventure. The Doctor has been played by many actors over the years because when the Doctor is mortally wounded (which, you know, happens to the best of us), he just rearranges his molecules and becomes someone else. Yay scapegoats!
The Doctor is currently played by Matt Smith--surely one of the greatest young actors of our time, and the love of my life. He looks like this:



His current companion, and partner in UST crime, is the lovely and talented Jenna-Louise Coleman. She looks like this:



I'm pretty sure I will love this show for ever. Keep reading this blog and I'm sure you will too! (Or get off your feet and watch the show)



**I don't own these pictures, no infringement intended.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts